Manitowoc MLC650 Specifications
Manitowoc MLC650 Lattice-Boom Crawler Crane with VPC™ Scale Model Features:
- Fully configurable replica with and without VPC Max and backmast
- Fully functional boom with loadblock
- Fully functional Variable Postioning Counterweight with OVER 11" of travel
- Key operated, friction-controlled boom hoist, whip hoist, and load line drums
- Fully functional luffing jib
- Functional live mast with pullies
- Rotating and pivoting cab with detailed interior
- Functioning diecast tracks
- 18 Individual Counterweights with chains
- Self-erecting jacking cylinders
- Accurately replicated boom catwalks, carbody catwalks and stairs
- Manitowoc MLC650 Graphics throughout
- Realistic wire rope guides, straps, and wire rope tie offs
- Lattice sections attach with high quality bolt/nut fasteners
- Assembly manual included
- Overall length with VPC extended: 46"L
- Model Width: 7.5"W
- Model Height: 84"T
- Footprint with VPC extended: 21.75"L x 7.5"W
- Footprint with VPC retracted: 15.75" x 7.5"W
MLC650 Real Crane Features (courtesy of Manitowoc Cranes)
- Strongest load charts in its class
- Travel, swing and counter rotate with full rated capacity
- FACT™ connection technology on boom and crawler connections
- Designed to be transported globally by optimizing component weights and dimensions
- Improved boom handling lugs (reduced setup time)
- Main Boom Length - 103.9 m (341 ft)
- Maximum Capacity - 650 t (716 USt)
- Maximum Capacity with VPC-MAX™ - 700 t (772 USt)
More capacity, less total counterweight
The MLC650 with Variable Position Counterweight™ (VPC™) is the new leader in the 600 USt – 750 USt (600 t – 700 t) crawler class – it sets up faster, lifts faster, and lifts more, so you can get more done. Enjoy an unmatched level of versatility and lifting capability from the VPC™ system which allows the crane’s counterweight to be positioned automatically. And get added versatility on the MLC650 with the VPC-MAX™ attachment, which increases capacity and boom and jib combination lengths.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
MLC650 Assembly Introduction
The goal for this assembly video series is to help everyone be...
MLC650 Weiss Brothers Assembly - STEPS 1, 2
Here is Step 1 and 2 of the assembly for the MLC650 Manitowoc ...
MLC650 Weiss Brothers Assembly - STEPS 3,4
Here is Steps 3 and 4 of the assembly for the MLC650 Manitowoc...
MLC650 Weiss Brothers STEPS 5,6,7
Here is Steps 5, 6, and 7 of the assembly for the MLC650 Manit...
MLC650 Weiss Brothers Assembly -STEPS 8, 9, 10
Here is Steps 8, 9, and 10 of the assembly for the MLC650 Mani...
MLC650 Weiss Brothers Assembly - STEP 11
Here is Step 11 of the assembly for the MLC650 Manitowoc Crawl...
MLC650 Weiss Brothers Assembly - STEPS 12, 13
Here is Step 12 and 13 of the assembly for the MLC650 Manitowo...
MLC650 Weiss Brothers Assembly - STEPS 14, 15
Here is Step 14 and 15 of the assembly for the MLC650 Manitowo...
8 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have always wanted a model crane. After purchasing this masterpiece I am hooked. I now have a 4100 with a 18000 on order. I check back with Weiss Brothers weekly so see what else I can add to my collection
Unbelievable detail and construction. Weiss brothers did their homework and listened to the collectors comments over the years to offer the most versatile, well engineered model yet. NO plastic on anything structural or functional ALL metal, including hardware and sheaves. Beats any other crane model hands down, Can't wait for the MLC300!!
Details are stunning. This being my first crawler, and only the second crane in my collection, the unboxing was as exciting as the assembly was easy. The finished model is a beast, and I can't wait to snap more photos of it in the endless options of posed configurations. Can't wait to see the possible accessory kits that could one day be available.
The detail on this model is outstanding! So many fine details. Looks amazing. Shipping was fast! Thanks for a great product!
Best diecast crawler crane model on the market. Locking drums very detailed boom. Unique that you can configure the crane in a variety of ways. With luffing jib or without. With or without rear mast. Detailed screw and bolts hold the boom section togeather. Availability to break down the crane into loads to transport as well. By far the best crane in the diecast market. Plus Weiss brothers customer service is top notch.
Everything about this model is great. The level of attention to detail is fantastic for this model. You couldn't ask for a better crane model. I did have some issues, but that is expected when dealing with something of this size and scale. I am very happy with the purchase and I can not wait for the MLC 300 to be released to the public.
I got my MLC650 model about a week ago and I have to say, this is one of the best model cranes available on the market! The detail throughout is amazing, everything went together fairly easily. Its a big model, stands at 85 inches tall! The VPC works flawlessly. Everything is bolted or pinned together, not riveted, like the 18000 was. My favorite feature is that it has the ability to break down into separate loads, just like the real machine and all the boom sections have lifting lugs on them! The tracks roll very smoothly and same for the sheaves, which are metal and individual. I would highly recommend this model to any crane enthusiast.